Tools for manual categorization?

Janet Kaul jmk at Synopsys.COM
Sun Dec 22 18:04:19 EST 1996

Actually, I'd be interested in this also. My company has created
their own submissions system for documents in our help database.
It's usable via email, a web interface, or our ProTeam interface, and
authors send information to a "source", which is a subject category,
also specifying fields such as what tool the article is about, what
version, what format the article is in (ASCII or HTML), etc.

The system we have automatically adds the author, reviewer, date, and
size of the file to our database records.

We did this because we could not find any automated tools for
custom categorizing data. So if anyone knows of any, I'd love to
hear about them.

-Janet