segal's tricks

ELIZABETH BLAKELY/REFERENCE blakely1 at jeflin.tju.edu
Wed Dec 18 10:00:17 EST 1996

I agree with both sides, it is always interesting to see how far you can
push the current "standard" but great looking pages don't necessarily
serve your users.  As a web developer at an academic institution I often
have things which I would love to do but must be realistic about what the
equipment my users have can handle.

Those interested in ideas such as Segal should check out a presentation
done at a Health Sciences Library Consortium conference earlier this
year.  The URL is
	http://jeffline.tju.edu/CWIS/OAC/hslc/sym96/bones/bones.html

I was also curious what the going rate is for web development consultants
these days.

Thanks!

 Elizabeth Linck Blakely, MILS			|  blakely1 at jeflin.tju.edu
 Medical Librarian and Web Developer		|  (215) 503-7676