Q: Managing company websites?

Eric.Comport at nike.com Eric.Comport at nike.com
Mon Dec 16 13:43:10 EST 1996

Hello,

[please excuse duplication]

Is anyone aware of holistic systems or procedures yours or other
companies/ organizations are using to manage _all_ the various components
of their web sites?  By "holistic" I mean more than just software that
gathers hit statistics from visitors or does link-checking. I'm thinking
more like over-arching systems or procedures (automated or not) for
keeping track of and cataloging all the various components of a dynamic
multimedia web site, components that may include advertising or other
content that needs to have its licensing or copyright considerations
closely monitored by site administrators.

I hope I'm making my question clear - basically, there are lots of
customer-oriented company Web sites out there now dealing with sensitive
legal and time-period management issues, and I'm researching how they are
managing all this.  News-intensive multimedia sites like ESPN or CNN
strike me as being especially apropos.

If anyone can point me toward web managers or has any other leads, I would
be very appreciative.

Thanks very much,

Eric Comport
Eric.Comport at nike.com

Eric Comport				\	Disclaimer: The opinions
Information Resources Librarian		/	expressed in this letter
CIT Support Services			\	are of the author alone,
Nike, Inc.				/	and do not reflect the
One Bowerman Drive			\	views of Nike, Inc.
Beaverton, OR  97005-6453		/
Ph.(503) 532-9192			\
Fx.(503) 605-3005			/
Eric.Comport at nike.com			\