Netscape 3 -- have to repeatedly click on links?

Jim Jones jjones at lib.bsu.edu
Mon Dec 16 10:13:27 EST 1996

> , we
> > have a problem with Netscape.  When a link is clicked, the computer will
> > say "connecting" on the status line but nothing happens, even if you
> > wait several minutes.  If you then hit the stop button and click on
>
> I was experimenting with a minimal cache and had this problem for
> weeks until I reset the cache.

I have had this problem too.  I used the minimal cache also.  I fixed the
problem by going into the computer and deleting the cache folder(to use
WIN 95 terminology).  I actually think that this is the problem.  Someone
sets the cache to a very large amount and it is left that way for a while.
Then someone (in this case me) sets the cache to a smaller number.  After
that I always get this problem (even if I set the cache back to its initial
value) until I delete the folder entirely.

On that note, I am debating the inclusion of a batch file (or script) on
boot up that will automate this cache folder deletion.  Has anyone done
this or have advice about it?  Are there problems that I could be inducing
that I haven't thought of?

Thanks in Advance.