Netscape 2.0

Henk Matthezing henkm at python.konbib.nl
Wed Dec 11 04:57:43 EST 1996

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Edward Summers wrote:

> This is a rather retrograde question, but does anyone know where I can
> find a copy of Netscape 2.0? I hoped to upgrade to Gold; however my
> computer does not have enough working memory for it--and I unfortunately
> deleted 2.0 after the succesful installation.
>
> A search of the Netscape site for 2.0 proved fruitless, and a phone call
> to Netscape verified that they no longer offer a download to this
> version.

Have a look at our InfoServices mirror:
2.01 and 2.02 versions are still available
ftp://ftp.nic.surfnet.nl/mirror-archive/software/www/netscape/pub/navigator/

As it is a mirror. Netscape probably still got in it's own ftp-archive,
too.

regards, Henk
                                                         _
                                    'A King, Riding on Random Water'
coordinating editor          Virginia Woolf - The Waves (orig. Manuscript)
Redactie InfoServices
Koninklijke Bibliotheek/SURFnet B.V.  Phone:  +31 70 3140 615
P.O.B. 90407                          Fax:    +31 70 3140 501
2509 LK Den Haag                      E-mail: henkm at python.konbib.nl