"Document: Done" (was Re: "Document Contains No Data")

Erwin Wodarczak ewodar at unixg.ubc.ca
Mon Dec 9 17:16:21 EST 1996

At 08:25 07/12/96 -0800, Adele Krusz wrote:
>	I've been having a lot of problems, lately, with
>accessing some sites.  I keep getting the message "Document
>Contains No Data."  I know the URL's are valid, because I can get
>them on other peoples' machines.
>	I'm using Netscape 3.01 Gold on a 486 DX with 20 mb of
>RAM, over a 14.4 modem, but also have the same problem on my
>ethernetted Pentium (also Netscape 3.01 Gold).  I've boosted my
>memory and disk caches, and also tried downgrading to netscape
>2.0, with no luck.

I've had a similar problem with the same software.  What sometimes happens
is that Netscape Navigator acts like it's loading a document - and then
displays the usual note "Document: Done" at the bottom of the screen - *but
there's nothing on-screen*.  Clicking "Reload" doesn't help any.  Only
clicking the "Back" and "Forward" buttons will bring the document in
question on-screen.

This also happens on other machines in our office.

Any ideas?

Erwin Wodarczak - Records Analyst / Archivist
UBC Library - Special Collections and University Archives Division
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: ewodar at unixg.ubc.ca
Tel: (604)822-5877   Fax: (604)822-9587

We do precision guesswork based on vague assumptions and unreliable data
of dubious accuracy