intranets in libraries

Jennifer Fleming jfleming at tiac.net
Fri Dec 6 16:28:57 EST 1996

>has any Library implemented the use of an Intranet, a secure web server
>(or WWW documents that are password-protected), Distribution lists or any
>other uses of Internet technologies to better their Internal
>communications (those which have been traditionally handled with
>meetings, "internal" or "snail" mail, conference phone calls, etc).?

Hi,

We have an article on the Barclay Law Library intranet, as well as a couple
of other articles on intranets in libraries,  in the August issue of our
newsletter.  It's available online at
http://www.leonline.com/itw/issues.html.  You might want to contact the man
who wrote it (sorry, I don't have his e-mail offhand) to find out more about
the types of issues they faced.  Hope this helps.

Jennifer Fleming, Co-Editor
Internet Trend Watch for Libraries
LEO:  Librarians and Educators Online