Netscape Timeout Tag Problem SOLVED!

Linda Absher absher at lclark.edu
Fri Dec 6 12:43:19 EST 1996

Kudos for Michael Regan at CSU Northridge for solving the problem!  The
meta tag should look like this:

   <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="600; URL=http://your.home.url">
			              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote marks shoud envelop the content number AND the URL; the semi-colon
is included as well.  If you want to see it in action, check out one of
Michael's pages at

	http://www.csun.edu/library/web/telmailz.html

The tag should reside within the HEAD field, not the TITLE field, of your
HTML document; it does not reside within a file of your browser software.

Now after clearing up my embarrassingly public mistake, my next task is to
stop mainlining lattes every morning.....

LInda

Linda Ueki Absher		absher at lclark.edu/lindaa at info.berkeley.edu
Reference Librarian		(503) 768-7287       FAX: (503) 768-7282
Lewis & Clark College 		Portland, OR 97219
--
"A cypher wrapped in an enigma smothered in secret sauce...."
                                       --Jimmy James, "Newsradio"