Problems with Meta Tag for Netscape Timeout

Linda Absher absher at lclark.edu
Thu Dec 5 15:52:38 EST 1996

I want to blame my cold, or the fact that I've been overwhelmed with work,
but unfortunately, I can only state I've learned not to impulsively post
fix-its unless I'm *absolutely* sure they work.  I recently posted the
following meta tag:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="600";URL="http://your.home.url">

as a way of timing out a page so it returns to the homepage; however
people have kindly pointed out problems with the tag.  As a result I ask
that people hold off using the tag until I can figure out the problem.  I
apologize if I've inconvenienced anyone in Web4Lib Land.

Mea culpa,

Linda Absher

Linda Ueki Absher		absher at lclark.edu/lindaa at info.berkeley.edu
Reference Librarian		(503) 768-7287       FAX: (503) 768-7282
Lewis & Clark College 		Portland, OR 97219
--
"A cypher wrapped in an enigma smothered in secret sauce...."
                                       --Jimmy James, "Newsradio"