WWW Filtering policy?

Nathan Schwartz nathan at apl.acsc.net
Mon Dec 2 09:57:54 EST 1996

We have used SurfWatch which is somewhat successful. There are some major
problems however, If patrons try 'screwing' with it by deleting files that
are part of SurfWatch, it may crash the computer and you may need to
reinstall Windows!  We did this many times. Otherwise it's a good program.
No matter what program you select, there will always be a way to get around
the restrictions. We removed to software from all our computers except two
in Children's. The Director made this request in an effort to limit
"barriers-to-access". The issue is very complicated and you should know the
policy and stance of your library board and staff before you install such
software.

Nathan Schwartz
Automation Systems Manager
Anderson Public Library