Auto shutdown Win95

Bob Craigmile librlc at emory.edu
Wed Aug 21 08:57:47 EDT 1996

Those of you running Win95 in public areas may have already solved this, but
I thought I'd share my experience with the others.

We power off our building at night, including the public computers.  Win95
doesn't like this arrangement much.  The solution of the moment is a
shareware program called Shutdown, known as sdown15X.zip on various ftp
sites (I found 152 and 156, though there may be others).  It lets you
specify a certain time for the shutdown process to occur.  I gave it a five
minute lead time vs. the power off just to be safe.

Shutdown is available at Simtel, and probably any other good shareware archive.