Pay for pages?

Sara Weissman/Morris Cty Library WEISSMAN at main.morris.org
Mon Aug 19 18:23:42 EDT 1996

**this is NOT about running a site SERVER**
Karen Commings posting got me to thinking:
did librarians ask for more pay when catalog cards went from by hand to
typewritten, from typewriter to word processor? do we ask for more
pay when we do a bibliography, newsletter, BI class, story hour?
isn't creating web pages part of our job, responsibility, profession?
Isadore Gilbert Mudge and the ALA both said/say we will prepare
("package" is the 90s term) information for our patrons, make it
accessible. (Why) should? creating web pages mean a pay increment?