Linux

Russ Jury jury at plains.nodak.edu
Thu Aug 15 16:55:32 EDT 1996

In reguards to the question of who was running Linux in a library setting...

We have been running Linux on a 486/66 with 16Mb for a little over a
year as our primary web server (running NCSA's httpd which itself has had
some security flaws over its developement).  I also run Windows 95,
Windows NT 3.51, and SCO UNIX 5.02.  Linux is extremely flexible, and
installs _easier_ by far than any other UNIX system - which if you
install a few, like I have, you will easily see.

Russ Jury
Information Technology
North Dakota State University Library
(701) 231-7288