Interesting opinion page on McrSft / Ntscp server controversy

Heath Rezabek hrezabek at fiat.gslis.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 14 16:49:38 EDT 1996

There's a thought-provoking essay on the O'Reilly site [O'Reilly, btw,
publishes some of the most solid technical books on the market] by Tim
O'Reilly at

http://software.ora.com/news/msnt40_limit.html

... My problem with Microsoft, from a librarian's perspective, is that I
cannot tolerate the notion of a financial force carryign such direct
control over the media and over computer-mediated communications &
resources; "We'll fund your library, but you have to replace your entire
reference collection with this nice set of books generated by our PR
department..."

Not likely.

          Heath M Rezabek  hrezabek at gslis.utexas.edu
                           http://www.gslis.utexas.edu/~hrezabek/ndx.html
  GSLIS Masters Candidate  University of Texas at Austin
Technical Staff Assistant  Perry-Castaneda Library EIC
HTML Writers Guild Member  http://www.hwg.org/