Access to Michigan: The Michigan Electronic Library (MEL)

Susan Parr ssparr at libofmich.lib.mi.us
Tue Aug 20 11:30:34 EDT 1996

Access for Michigan:  The Michigan Electronic Library (MEL)

Announcing an opportunity to learn about a unique World Wide Web information
resource available to all citizens of Michigan!  A day-long conference is
being held to introduce this service that offers both quality content and
access at no charge to the user.

Featured speakers include:
George Needham, State Librarian, Library of Michigan
Lisa deGruyter, Manager of Electronic Library Services, Texas State Library
Linda Schatz, Office of the Michigan Information Network (MIN)

Other topics to be presented:
Overview of MEL
Collection Development and Organization of MEL
Community Networking and Local Support for MEL
Public Access Issues and Policies
Using MEL for Information Retrieval

This conference is to be held on Wednesday, September 11, 1996, 9:00 a.m. to
4:30 p.m. in the Library of Michigan Forum Auditorium, 717 West Allegan,
Lansing, Michigan.

Registration cost:  $10.00-- Please make checks payable to the State of
Michigan.  A box lunch is included and .6 Continuing Education Units
(CEUs) are available.

Pre-registration is required-- to register please include the following
information:

Name 	Social Security # (last 4 digits)
Library Affiliation
Address/ City/ Zip
Phone # 	Fax #	Email

Mail registration information to:
Donna Holdridge
Library of Michigan
P.O. Box 30007
717 West Allegan
Lansing, MI 48909 or email at dholdrid at libofmich.lib.mi.us.
Please contact Donna if you have any questions, special needs or
accessibility requirements.

Directions to the Library of Michigan:
¥ From I-96 or I 69, exit onto US-27 and
proceed to downtown Lansing via I-496.
¥ From I-496, exit onto Martin Luther King/Logan St. (M-99) and proceed
north 4 blocks to Washtenaw Street. Turn right (east) onto Washtenaw to
the LibraryÕs main entrance. Parking is available at the ticket booth
just west of the traffic circle.