Pay for pages? -Reply

Margaret F. Riley mfriley at erols.com
Tue Aug 20 10:02:06 EDT 1996

At 05:39 AM 8/20/96 -0700, KAREN SCHNEIDER wrote:
>I'm glad Sara Weissman brought this up.  "isn't creating web
>pages part of our job, responsibility, profession?"  You go girl!

Creating resources to aid our users in locating information has
always been a part of our profession.  The format changes, but
the responsibility remains the same.

>Let's keep basic skills BASIC and make them REQUIRED and
>put them in our RFPs and our JOB DESCRIPTIONS and use
>them to evaluate LIBRARY DEGREE PROGRAMS.  And folks
>who don't want to learn these skills need not apply to our
>profession.

I keep smiling and thinking back to the first CD-ROMs introduced
to the libraries.   Hey, we managed PAC systems, CD-ROMs, LANs,
and Dialog.  Toss another infosystem into the pack and let me at it!

>Karen G. "great coffee this morning!" Schneider

Margaret "Yeah, Football is Back!" Riley
go ahead, *ask* my opinion. :-)

Margaret F. Riley
Internet Consultant		 The Riley Guide
3726 Nimitz Road		 http://www.jobtrak.com/jobguide/