Dynix and web isp relations

Bruce R. Heimburger brh at agrl.lib.sc.us
Fri Aug 16 09:49:57 EDT 1996

Speaking for a library that is a Dynix client and a user of their NetConnect product, I suspect the questioner
was referring to NetConnect.  Otherwise to my knowledge Dynix (Ameritech Library Services) does not
offer/provide web site services.

The original NetConnect product comes with 'httpd' but no documentation on how to set it up, although if one
were to pay the standard hourly fee, I'm sure Dynix would be glad to help.  Fortunately, I have found someone
in town willing to "show and tell" about setting up a web server and not charge an arm and a leg.  NetConnect
II, which is still in development, is supposed to include web server software and documentation that is user
friendly.

--
Bruce R. Heimburger  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  Abbeville-Greenwood Regional Library
office: 864-941-4653               106 N. Main Street