Bookmark files in Netscape 2.0?

Dave Vose dvose at library.lib.binghamton.edu
Tue Apr 30 17:20:48 EDT 1996

I seem to be missing a selection from my Bookmark Window File menu. I
wonder if other web folk have encountered the same problem:

I would like to use the "What's New" selection in the Netscape 2.0
Bookmark Window File menu to check the status of multiple bookmark files
(select Window then Bookmarks from your pull-down menu). The "File|What's
New" selection (that automatically checks all your bookmarks for changes)
works fine, but I do not have the "File|Open"  selection (described in the
Netscape manual) that lets you select other existing bookmark files to use
as your current bookmark file. Is anybody else missing this "File|Open" menu
selection? Is this a quirk peculiar to Netscape for Unix running Xwindows?
Does anybody else have this problem? If you do, how DO you cope?

Any tips on how to:

a) change the working bookmark file to another bookmark file in your
directory?

or

b) easily create other bookmark files (e.g., stripping an html document of
everything except http references and then encoding it with bookmark file
markup)?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Vose
Instruction and Reference Librarian