What's the "Point"?

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 29 13:00:16 EDT 1996

Those of you who have proudly plastered the "Top 5% Web Site" logo on
your Web page (and I must admit to a minor lapse myself) should read Lou
Rosenfeld's piece in Web Review:

====================
*Web Architect: Lou Takes on the Point Top 5%*
http://gnn.com/wr/96/04/26/webarch/index.html

"These folks obviously were using shoddy systems to create a perceived value
for Web sites," writes Lou Rosenfeld, our Web Architect, "and I decided I
had to do something about it." Find out how to get your site on the
"LouDicrous List."

He sure has a point (sorry). I mean, some folks get together, browse Web
sites at random and assign ratings as they see fit and before you know it
they are bought out by Lycos and are kicking back on the beach somewhere.
And to think that the rest of us schmucks are working for a living....
Roy