Red Hat Linux: What do you think?

David P Atkins notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Mon Apr 22 17:20:18 EDT 1996

[Message posted to SPIN-L & Web4Lib.  Sorry for any duplication]

Hello all,

We're in the processing of shopping around for a linux software package
for a second internet server (currently running irix on a silcon graphics
box).  Any experiences or anecdotes with Red Hat?  Advantages of Linux
over SCO Unix?

I'd be more than happy to summarize, etc.

Thanks,
David

David P. Atkins
Electronic Reference Services Librarian
Middleton Library                    email:  notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Louisiana State University                     voice:   (504) 388-6823
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-3300                      fax:    (504) 388-6825