Inside/outside users and identification (re Emory)

Jim Kruse isjrk at emory.edu
Fri Apr 5 14:57:45 EST 1996

Right now if someone connects from outside the Emory IP
Range/Domain they are considered to be external to Emory.

It has not been identified as a problem so far.  We do have
a link on the External page to the Internal page and a link
on the Internal page to the External page.

On Fri, 5 Apr 1996 11:47:28 -0800 "Peter Graham, RUL"
<psgraham at gandalf.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Sorry for the
previous garbled version.
> From:  Peter Graham, Rutgers University Libraries
>
> >When people connect to Emory a Perl script checks to see if
> they are inside or outside Emory and then they are given
> either the Internal or External view.
>
> When Emory people come in from outside Emory using an ISV such as aol,
> how do you identify them as inside-Emory rather than outside-Emory?
> This is becoming a significant issue here.  --pg
>
> Peter Graham    psgraham at gandalf.rutgers.edu    Rutgers University Libraries
> 169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08903   (908)445-5908; fax (908)445-5888
>               <URL:http://aultnis.rutgers.edu/pghome.html>

Jim Kruse
isjrk at emory.edu