InterNIC News Newsletter

Tom Newell tomn at internic.net
Fri Apr 5 13:12:43 EST 1996

Hello,

The InterNIC Registration and Support Services are pleased to
announce a revised WWW site which we hope offers easier access
to InterNIC-related information including Internet registry
activities, information services, and R&E support efforts. Of note
is the WWW-based InterNIC News newsletter, previously known
as the "NSF Network News."  The newsletter is primarily a
WWW-based service, but is additionally available via listserv
subscription and FTP.  In the April issue:

	SAILOR: Maryland's Statewide Public Information Network
		By Barbara G. Smith, Sailor Project Manager

	Connections to the Internet:
	A New National Science Foundation Program
		By Tom Newell, InterNIC Liaison

	The InterNIC Guardian Object
		By Tom Newell, InterNIC Liaison

	Scout Services Update: A New Name, a New Service, and a New Site
		By Susan Calcari, Info Scout, InterNIC Scout Services

	InterNIC Statistics and Performance Measures

InterNIC URL's of note:

	InterNIC Support and Information Services/R&E Outreach Info
		http://rs.internic.net/nic-support/

	InterNIC News - the InterNIC WWW-based newsletter
		http://rs.internic.net/nic-support/nicnews/

	InterNIC
		http://rs.internic.net

	InterNIC Registration Services
		http://rs.internic.net/rs-internic.html

	InterNIC Net Scout Services
		http://rs.internic.net/scout/

	IETF User Services Area Home Page
		http://rs.internic.net/usv

Within the Support Services area of the WWW site, we seek to:

	...provide information and services of use to the Research
	and Education community as they endeavor to support their
	own local Internet community. The InterNIC cannot hope to
	be a comprehensive, global Internet end-user information
	services support organization.  Rather, we seek to provide
	tools, information, and services which assist other
	organizations in meeting that need.

In light of our charter, we welcome the feedback of the community
regarding what services, information, or tools which the InterNIC
might sponsor or investigate which would aid you in your support
of end-users of the Internet.

Regards,

Tom
--