FirstSearch via WWW: automatic login?

Prentiss Riddle riddle at is.rice.edu
Fri Apr 5 10:19:22 EST 1996

> From web4lib at library.berkeley.edu  Thu Apr  4 15:19:28 1996
> Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 13:15:18 -0800
> From: David Wuolu <wuolud at cda.mrs.umn.edu>
> Subject: FirstSearch via WWW: automatic login?
>
> Has anyone implemented OCLC's WebScript software to
> authenticate IP addresses and log users into FirstSearch Web?
>
> The process described on
>
> http://www.oclc.org/oclc/software/fsauto.htm
>
> didn't work.  Would anybody be willing to help me get
> this running?

I got it working a few weeks ago.  I found some errors in the
documentation, which may be what is giving you trouble.  Here are the
comments I passed on to OCLC.  I have yet to receive an acknowledgement.

If these comments don't clarify matters, let me know more specifically
what your problem is and I'll see if I can help.

-- Prentiss Riddle ("aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada") riddle at rice.edu
-- RiceInfo Administrator, Rice University / http://is.rice.edu/~riddle
-- Home office: 2002-A Guadalupe St. #285, Austin, TX 78705 / 512-323-0708
-- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.