CGI script for posting minutes to the web

Prentiss Riddle riddle at is.rice.edu
Tue Apr 9 09:44:52 EDT 1996

> Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 12:54:16 -0700
> From: "John C. Matylonek" <matylonj at ccmail.orst.edu>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: CGI script for posting minutes to the web
>
>      I am looking for sufficenly generic cgi script that accepts an email,
>      strips the header, places <pre> tags around the body, and places it in
>      the "correct" web server directory. It would also then update the html
>      file giving access to it. You can imagine such script being useful for
>      many library "intranets" for posting minutes to the web and such.
>
>      John Matylonek
>      matylonj at ccmail.orst.edu

Andy Powell (ccsap at bath.ac.uk) has a program called "wmail" which might
do what you want.  It's based on an old program of mine called "gmail"
which did much the same thing for gopher.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "cgi script that accepts an email",
though, since a CGI script would get its input from a web form, not
from e-mail.

Anyway, feel free to contact Andy Powell to see if he's willing to
release his code.

-- Prentiss Riddle ("aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada") riddle at rice.edu
-- RiceInfo Administrator, Rice University / http://is.rice.edu/~riddle
-- Home office: 2002-A Guadalupe St. #285, Austin, TX 78705 / 512-323-0708