New Site: Reader's Robot

Kevin Kierans kkierans at barney.tnrdlib.bc.ca
Wed Apr 3 12:48:52 EST 1996

	Here's a screen dump of http://www.tnrdlib.bc.ca/rr.html

                        WELCOME TO THE READER'S ROBOT!

    Tell me what you like to read. I'll search my database for readers with
    similar tastes and pass on their recommendations.

    If you wish, I can add your recommendations to my database and pass them on
    to others.

    Select a genre:

   [1]Science Fiction
   [2]Mystery
   Other genres to follow.

    Details:

   [3]How the Readers's robot works (tech stuff)
   [4]How books were selected for the fill-in forms
   [5]How to get the most from the Reader's Robot.
   [6]How best to contribute your own recommendations.
   [7]How your 'signature match' is calculated.
   [8]Acknowledgements
   Statistics
   [9]Future plans.

   In the case of Science Fiction, for example, every book in every group
   has won either (or both) the Nebula or the Hugo award. Mystery novels
   have won either the Golden Dagger or the Edgar Allen Poe award.

   If you are new to a particular genre, you could use the list of
   choices as an introductory reading list.

   Kevin Kierans, Manager of Library and Support Services,
   Thompson Nicola Regional District Library System,
   Kamloops, B.C. CANADA
   kkierans at tnrdlib.bc.ca   http://www.tnrdlib.bc.ca

	At the moment, the databases are quite small (about 30 records), BUT
	if everyone was to add just ONE recommendation ...

	Thank You!