"Good" Information on the Internet

SusanTolbert c677309 at showme.missouri.edu
Tue Apr 2 21:32:13 EST 1996

I think that such a resource would have value for Internet *publishers* as
well as Internet users.  Once criteria are established for what
constitutes a "good" Internet resource, those of us who distribute
information on the Web, etc. should strive to make our publications meet
those criteria.  Then, the users/researchers who are really making the
effort to select *quality* information will be more likely to choose our
sites.

Now, whether such a resource as Lou proposes would be more helpful in
print form rather than electronic is another question altogether.

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, Lou Rosenfeld wrote:

> Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:01:05 -0800
> From: Lou Rosenfeld <lou at argus-inc.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: "Good" Information on the Internet
>
> There are more and more books available that deal with searching the
> Internet.  I'd be interested in getting a sense from librarians and other
> information professionals as to the value of a book that helps Internet
> users *evaluate* what they find.  This seems to me the next logical step;
> once a user finds information, that user decides which resources to select
> and which to reject.  I'd bet that most users aren't using the best
> criteria to make these decisions.  Do you think that a book that helps
> them in this regard would be valuable to end users? or perhaps to
> librarians themselves?  Thanks very much for your help.

     Susan Lank Tolbert

c677309 at showme.missouri.edu  OR
sg93ezwc at duvm.ocs.drexel.edu
          AND