"Good" Information on the Internet

Alastair Smith, DLIS, Victoria University, New Zealand Alastair.Smith at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Apr 1 00:11:39 EST 1996

At 11:03 AM 29/03/96 -0800, Lou Rosenfeld <lou at argus-inc.com> wrote:
>I'd be interested in getting a sense from librarians and other
>information professionals as to the value of a book that helps Internet
>users *evaluate* what they find.

I think this is a very important area, and appreciate Lou's contributions to
it. Last year I taught a course in creating internet resource guides, and
created a list of criteria at
http://www.vuw.ac.nz/dlis/courses/847/m2resevl.html

Currently I'm surveying internet sites that provide selection criteria, with
a view to extending this list.

-Alastair

Alastair Smith                               |Alastair.Smith at vuw.ac.nz
Department of Library and Information Studies|Voice: +64 4 495 5233 x 8687
Victoria University of Wellington            |Fax:   +64 4 496 5446
PO Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand/Aotearoa |http://www.vuw.ac.nz/~agsmith/