Librarians in media again (fwd)

Web4Lib Moderator listchek at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 21 16:43:36 EDT 1995

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 13:30:43 -0500 (CDT)
From: Kristin Kubly <kkubly at library.mtsu.edu>
To: web4lib at library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: Librarians in media again

Yes, I heard on the BUSLIB-L listserv (where the Saturn commercial
thread was done to death) that it is the actual librarian from Spring
Hill, TN.  However, that is not the actual library in Spring Hill, since
they have a fairly new and modern library.  The dusty room and card
catalog were all props.  SLA sent Saturn a formal letter expressing its
members' dissatisfaction with the stereotype, and several librarians on
BUSLIB said they had called an 800# at Saturn to complain.

Kristin Kubly
kkubly at ulibnet.mtsu.edu