Security Hole In Netscape's Web Server?

slavko at kean.ucs.mun.ca slavko at kean.ucs.mun.ca
Tue Sep 19 19:10:57 EDT 1995

This morning (tuesday) there was a news story on Canada's national
news network describing a security hole in Netscape's Web server which
made it possible for someone to break into your host in about a minute.
The story also stated that a secure version of Netscape's server would
be available in a about a week. As soon as I heard the story I dialed into
my host and shut down the web server. I don't plan on bringing it up
until the secure version is installed. I am surprised that this story
has not reached this newsgroup. Any comments?

Slavko Manojlovich
Head, Systems
Memorial University Of Newfoundland