Web search tools - another study

kurtm kurtm at doruk.com.tr
Tue Oct 31 22:17:28 EST 1995

About Infoseek and Lycos :

Infoseek seems like the fast track on submissions too. Lycos did not
accept my URL even when I have contacted Michael Mauldin who maintains
it (still?). The front page in lycos says they index 90% of the web.
This is probably wrong. Well, I have not carried any study but tried
like 20 times both with the machine and the e-mail correspondance.

Infoseek is the most accurate engine I have tried. And about the
resources of the engines, they simply don't have the publicity
of the Netscape linked Infoseek or Carnegie supported Lycos.(even
when a company)

Cheers,

Mehmet Kurtkaya