FWD- New internet fireworks

Ooyamaneko jamesr at maine.maine.edu
Tue Oct 31 15:22:32 EST 1995

>..
>..
>
>I'm speaking from memory here, but after a similar bomb incident in Auckland
>a couple of months back, a TV news program set two high school students to
>find bomb recipes, one on the Internet, the other in the public library. The
>student working in the public library found the information very much more
>rapidly.

Personal experience:  After the OKC bombing incident, I grew curious
about the explosive used and started nosing about for information on ANFO
blasting agents.  Two weeks of prowling the Internet netted me aught
but a pile of conflicting reports, hearsay, and speculation.  Two hours
in the library told me how to mix ANFO and what was required to set it
off.
                                                -- Ooyamaneko

PS> I was encouraged to find that ANFO, while incredibly easy to mix,
is an absolute bear to ignite explosively. :)