FWD- New internet fireworks

Alastair Smith, DLIS, Victoria University, NZ Alastair.Smith at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Oct 31 14:52:29 EST 1995

>>>Somebody mentioned (on CARR-L?) that it was faster to find bomb making
>>>info in the library than on the Internet.  Think it was in New Zealand.

I'm speaking from memory here, but after a similar bomb incident in Auckland
a couple of months back, a TV news program set two high school students to
find bomb recipes, one on the Internet, the other in the public library. The
student working in the public library found the information very much more
rapidly.

Alastair Smith                               |Alastair.Smith at vuw.ac.nz
Department of Library and Information Studies|Voice: +64 4 472 1000 x 8687
Victoria University of Wellington            |Fax:   +64 4 496 5446
PO Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand/Aotearoa |http://www.vuw.ac.nz/~agsmith/