Bookmark Loss

Mary V. Payne gpye at texas.net
Sun Oct 29 14:44:47 EST 1995

I worried all the way home Friday after I popped off this rather
unsympathetic reply. I apologize to Rebecca and all who have lost bookmarks
in Netscape upgrades. The first time I upgraded Netscape I was such a newbie
the helpful helpdesk techie at TexasNet had to practically hold my hand all
the way through it. He suggested I move my bookmarks to a new folder. I
ignored him and lost my bookmarks. The second time I upgraded Netscape I
remembered losing my bookmarks and told myself I should save them in a new
folder. I IGNORED MYSELF! and lost them again. It wasn't until the third
upgrade that I wisely saved my bookmarks.  Now I save them frequently to a
diskestte because I never know when I'll get crazy and sacrifice them to
another upgrade. So Rebecca, et. al., I didn't really mean to be snide or
unsympathetic. Just realistic.
(By the way, starting over again (twice) actually proved to be a valuable
learning experience and confidence boost. I found anything I remembered well
enough to really want much easier to find again than I had expected.)

>Unless you saved them to a diskette or in another directory, start over again!
>>I was able to download the Netscape 2.0b but my previous bookmarks from 1.0
>>did not transfer.  What should I do?
>>  Thanks
>>
>>Rebecca  Hankins
>>Acquisitions Archivist

Ginger Payne, Electronic Resources Coordinator
San Antonio Public Library
600 Soledad,  San Antonio, TX 78205
 210-207-2628  E-Mail gpye at texas.net