WEB and Children's Services

Cleveland Gary grc at ITS.NLC-BNC.CA
Thu Oct 26 15:18:00 EDT 1995

>I am a full-time graduate student interested in either children's and
>young adult's services in public libraries or school librarianship.  I
>was wondering about the applications and implications of the Internet in
>these areas.  Does anyone have any ideas and/or suggestions?  My school
>is very interested in the information science aspect of librarianship,
>but I am new to it and could use some help.
>
>Julie Grigar
>Graduate School of Library and Information Science
>grigar at gslis.utexas.edu

The National Library of Canada has a number of Web documents related to
Children's Literature Services. They can be viewed at:

        http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/services/eclsc.htm

Also available are two editions of NLC's Read Up On It kits. These kits
contain annotated reading lists of award-winning Canadian children's books
in French and English centred around a specific theme each year.

These documents can be viewed at:

1994
http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/publications/ruoi/eruoi.htm

1995