Release of Mosaic

Michael Sauers ms0669 at mail.albany.net
Wed Oct 25 17:44:46 EDT 1995

Bob Skinder <skindrf1 at teomail.jhuapl.edu> said:
> >About a year and a half ago, I began fooling around with the Internet.  This
> >was just prior to the first appearance of Mosaic.
>
> Not to pick nits, but you might want to get your history straight here --
> Mosaic has been around for a **LOT** longer than a mere 18 months.

O.k. now let's REALLY pick nits...

NCSA Mosaic for X 1.0 is released:	April 21st, 1993
MacMosaic and WinMosaic released:	September, 1993

So, actually, not that much more than 18 months...  Make it
about 2 years by my count for most of us...

(This is why I laughed quite hard when I saw a job announcement
a few months ago that required "5 years of Mosaic/HTML" as part
of the application requirements!)

Michael Sauers, PC/Internet Consultant		    Phone: (518) 436-6334
CR Associates Internet Consulting		E-Mail: ms0669 at albany.net
Albany, New York (now)		      WWW: http://www.albany.net/~ms0669/
Las Vegas, Nevada (soon)				    IRC: CyberRat