A little friendly goading might be in order

Carlos I McEvilly cim at c3serve.c3.lanl.gov
Thu Oct 19 16:18:53 EDT 1995

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, Wain Dobson wrote:
> ...the problem: how to get the world of private
> enterprise to realize that they are entering a new information
> age that requires the skills of the MLS/MIS ...

Actions speak louder than words.

In the meantime, we users continue to get at information
on the net by using tools that were not created by
librarians.  Not that these tools are ideal, but
they are the best things to come along so far.  There
is still time for some experts to come in and show
Yahoo, Lycos, Infoseek and company how it's done.
Maybe.