Netscape 2.0b and Mac--buggy?

Peter Graham, Rutgers University Libraries psgraham at gandalf.rutgers.edu
Mon Oct 16 10:53:50 EDT 1995

From:  Peter Graham, Rutgers University Libraries

Anyone else have experience with the new 2.0b for Macs of Netscape?  The
NYTimes did a big splash on it today (probably mainly the Windows version)
but when I tried it on release last week I couldn't continue.  Random
crashes, very slow response to mouse-clicks on menus.

Re hotlists, a bete noire of mine:  They've added some functionality and
taken some away. One can easily sort a hotlist or a sublist, which is very
nice.  But the tool for moving an entry up or down is gone.  Several features
are indicated as not available and others are undocumented.

Command-Z and one or two other keystrokes brought me into what appears to be
a debug mode, with debug lines on the screen and an enormously enlarged area
of the Netscape window.  Could only get out by optin-control-escape, which
only let me kill the Finder--things worked after that, but not for long, as
you can imagine--there was no finder.  So I gave up and am back at 1.1N.  --pg

Peter Graham    psgraham at gandalf.rutgers.edu    Rutgers University Libraries
169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08903   (908)445-5908; fax (908)445-5888
              <URL:http://aultnis.rutgers.edu/pghome.html>