WWW search tools and cataloging

Judith Edwards ucyljae at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 05:17:46 EDT 1995

>At 12:26 10/12/95 -0700, you wrote:
>
>I am currently undertaking a research project on WWW search engines and
>subject listings (Yahoo, WWW Virtual Library).  I am interested in
>comparing their features, and examining their development and operation
>(eg. use of robots, user submissions, fuzzy logic searching).
>
>I have noted the material already mentioned in the "WWW cataloging" and
>"search engine" threads, but am looking for further resources (both
>print and online).  Any recommendations and/or references would be
>greatly appreciated.

Take a look at a paper by Ian Winship on evaluating WWW search tools, at:

http://www.bubl.bath.ac.uk/BUBL/Winship.html

Judith
Judith Edwards, Assistant Librarian
University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Tel: 0171-380 7833    Fax: 0171-380 7373
e-mail: j.a.edwards at ucl.ac.uk
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/UCL-Info/Divisions/Library/