Web-to-Z39.50 Gateway Testers Requested

Mark_Crook at oclc.org Mark_Crook at oclc.org
Fri Oct 13 16:51:36 EDT 1995

Please post the attached document to Web4Lib.

CEO document contents:
Testers Needed

OCLC's Distributed Systems Group has just completed work on the
Out-of-the-Box Interface (Obi) for our new WWW-to-Z39.50 gateway,
the WebZ server.  To assure this interface is as robust and usable
as possible, we need testers from the network community.

You can help us test Obi by accessing the following URL:

       http://cypress.dev.oclc.org:8000/

By accessing WebZ using your favorite browser and coming through
different network paths, you will help us track down hard-to-find bugs
that might have escaped our testers to date.  Explore the ease of use and
searching functionality of our gateway.

Please report any problems you encounter to the following e-mail address:

   pat_stevens at OCLC.org

In recognition of your participation in this test, we will extend the
20% discount offer on WebZ for your institution until June 30, 1996.

Call 1-800-848-5878 for details.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!