Audio and Video Cybercasts

C. W. Tazewell cwt at exis.net
Wed Oct 11 11:44:36 EDT 1995

On Wed, 11 Oct 1995, Amy W. Graham wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, at what point does this cease to be a 'come visit'
> message and become advertising?
>
> >Howdy, yaawwl,
> >     Note the new Internet Multimedia and Cybercast Section of the
> >Virtual Library.

Well,
     I am "advertising" and promoting the library of the future.
People don't want to change, but it's time to get ready for the
next century.
     Advertising implies money - there is no money (income) involved
- just money (outgoing) from my expenses in running the site.  I am
trying to find a sponsor or some sponsors to help with the expenses,
and more important, with the work to be done.  (Public libraries do
have Gift Shops.)
     The Virtual Library of Hampton Roads is a one-person, volunteer
project.  It is the library and information source of the future -
the 21st century.  Many people don't want to accept that fact.
     A main function is consolidating in a central place the info
and data about a particular metropolitan area.  This would limit
duplicate effort and links, and make things a lot simpler.  Note the
present situation with bits and pieces of info all around confusing the
users - locally and worldwide.
     If one accepts that there are a lot of users of the Virtual Library
of Hampton Roads (and there definitely are) it is appropriate to bring
these users up-to-date about the additions and changes to the Virtual
Library.  That is the reason for the postings - if there seem to be a
lot, it is because there is a lot going on.
     Soon the Virtual Library will come to your place on a 24-hour
fiber-optic cable.  TV and radio cybercasts will be among the material
on the Virtual Library.
     You are invited to check the VLHR, and particularly the Professional
Librarians' Section.  Use the Staff Entrance over by the soda machines
and restrooms.
     Enjoy a pizza at the Snack Bar.

          Bill.

                 New Sports Section - Gift Shop Renovated
                       Your Internet WWW HOTLIST!
                          Don't hunt the Web -
               It's on the Virtual Library of Hampton Roads.
                   Set it up as your Netscape Home Page:
                        http://wwwp.exis.net/~cwt/