Offsite operation of WWW pages

Mathews Peter mathews at acer.edu.au
Fri Oct 6 14:49:00 EDT 1995

We have developed a set of WWW pages for our organisation but "hit the wall"
when it came to upgrading our network to put the necessary firewalling into
place.

It looks to us as though a cheaper, easier and generally better way to go is
to mount the pages on another (provider's) system.

We have looked at organisations here who provide such services.

I would appreciate comments from members of this group on your pros and cons
for adopting such a strategy.

Thanks

Peter Mathews
Library and Information Services Manager
Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)

mathews at acer.edu.au  (Soon http://www.acer.edu.au/people/pgm.html I hope)