WWW search tools and cataloging

Norman Friesen nfriesen at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Thu Oct 12 14:55:48 EDT 1995

I am currently undertaking a research project on WWW search engines and
subject listings (Yahoo, WWW Virtual Library).  I am interested in
comparing their features, and examining their development and operation
(eg. use of robots, user submissions, fuzzy logic searching).

I have noted the material already mentioned in the "WWW cataloging" and
"search engine" threads, but am looking for further resources (both
print and online).  Any recommendations and/or references would be
greatly appreciated.

Norm Friesen
MLIS Student
University of Alberta