Consortium homepage

Karen Campbell kcampbel at seq.hamline.edu
Mon Oct 2 10:21:48 EDT 1995

We belong to a Library consortium, which has an office that is not on any
of our campuses.  Several of the campuses have networks and web servers,
any of which could host a homepage for the consortium.  But to be truly
useful, we need the page to be write-accessible to people from many
campuses, for posting minutes, etc.  Otherwise, the office staff may
spend a great deal of time moving things from e-mail messages to
haomepage files.

I have no experience with desktop servers, but am wondering whether this
is a viable alternative.  I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has,
especially those with similar experiences.  I'll be happy to summarize

Karen Campbell	                           Bush Memorial Library
kcampbel at seq.hamline.edu	           Hamline University
(612)641-2482			           St. Paul, Minnesota
We are "web weavers and dancers at the dawn of the Meso-Electronic Period"
                                       ---Paul Evan Peters