Comparison Study for Search Engines

Michael Haseltine haseltin at ag.Arizona.EDU
Mon Nov 20 20:52:57 EST 1995

That last slash (/) should be a dot (.)

http://www.umn.edu/nlhome/m557/rhees001/blm/tools.htm

At 06:39 PM 11/20/95 -0800, you wrote:
>I found a great URL this evening, while doing a search for Robert Boyle.
>
>This URL contains links to many search tools, services and engines,(thanks
>for discussing this topic, I want to learn more!) There are short
>descriptions of the salient features and differences of each listing as
>well. I am going to spend a lot of time trying these all.
>
>http://www.umn.edu/nlhome/m557/rhees001/blm/tools/htm
>
>And I did find Robert Boyle, I actually found a physics class and assignment
>using his original data at The Interactive Textbook, a must-see at:
>
>http://dept.physics.upenn.edu/courses/gladney/mathphys/subsubsection1_1_3_1.
>html#j-tube
>(stop at mathphys/ if you don't feel like replicating Boyle's gas
>experiment):-))
>
>There is a version of the "Textbook" under development with Java too. This
>was an exciting find for me.
>
>Apologies to those who already know these sites.
>
>Elisabeth Roche ace at opus1.com

Michael Haseltine -- Office of Arid Lands Studies, University of Arizona
haseltin at ag.arizona.edu

1. We are exhibiting all the symptoms of overcrowding, starting with
   greed, hate, and fear.
2. We are frantically seeking to save and extend lives through
   medicine and agriculture.
3. We are desperately using all means to mitigate these symptoms.
4. And we proudly call ourselves the intelligent species!