TELNET URL's with Netscape

WEB4LIB at mln.lib.ma.us WEB4LIB at mln.lib.ma.us
Mon Nov 6 17:44:41 EST 1995

Our problem relates only to telnet URL's that use syntax such as:
	telnet://library@mln.lib.ma.us

When the username is included in the URL, the TELNET helper launches,
but BEHIND the Netscape Window. We'd like it to launch in front, as it
does when the URL is of the form:
	telnet://mln.lib.ma.us

Since we plan to put machines out in public libraries, we'd like to
have Netscape running in full screen windows, and do not want to have
patrons peeking behind Netscape when they click on a URL that does a
TELNET.

Susan Saul				Phone: (508) 879-8575 x226
Systems Librarian			FAX:   (508) 879-5470
Minuteman Library Network		Internet: ssaul at mln.lib.ma.us