Protecting Netscape menus

Bruce Newell bnewell at mtlib.org
Sat Nov 4 13:53:55 EST 1995

I was off-web for a couple of days, then returned to see that folks have
missunderstood my question regarding turning off menus.

To be clearer: I think it is necessary to protect my public workstations
operating systems and general settings. I think it is inappropriate to
limit the browsing capabilities of Netscape.

All I want to do is keep the workstations running smoothly for all my
patrons. I don't want patrons, either on purpose or by accident, to be able
to fowl up the system. I think Apple's AtEase will help a lot with this
(we'll be using PowerMac 5200's) but in addition it would be great to
protect the "Options" files in Netscape and other customizable features
that mis-set could trash the workstation's system.

Bruce Newell, aka bnewell at mtlib.org
Public & Network Services Librarian
Lewis & Clark Library, Helena, MT  406-442-2380 x.11

"Love is a better master than duty." Einstein