training software

jan verhoeven Jan.Verhoeven at heo.rhij.nl
Sat Nov 11 08:36:19 EST 1995

BARBARA VICKERY wrote
> I'm interested in finding out if there is anybody who uses existing
> software packages (for Novell networks) for training purposes.The
> kind of situation I envisage is a Master/Slave terminal group whereby
> whatever is done on the master terminal will be simultaneously
> displayed on all the slave machines - thus facilitating
> demonstrations etc. The master terminal would then allow "freedom" to
> all slave machines so they could practice on their own with the
> facility for any one machine to call for help from the master
> terminal which could then step in and gain control of that PC in
> order to provide assistance.

we use the software LANSCHOOL in our novell network. it is
configurated per pc-classroom to display the master screen (any of
the pc's will do) to all pc's that have loaded the slave software.
central display is controlled with a simple hotkey. the master is
also able to peek a specific slave during own work. whether the slave
can call _online_ for assistance, i don't know. we experience some
trouble with central display of graphical applications like windows,
but there might be a special version of lanschool for this purpose.
i hope this is what you are looking for. jan verhoeven

---------------- jan.verhoeven at heo.rhij.nl ------------------
rijkshogeschool ijselland -- faculteit economie en management
po box 333, 7400 ah deventer, netherlands, tel +31 570 652000