Non-anonymous ftp with Netscape

Michael Sauers ms0669 at mail.albany.net
Wed Nov 8 16:58:14 EST 1995

> Sure, I have an ftp application that handles this just fine, but I'm
> wondering if one can do this with Netscape?  I imagine that you should be
> able to include the username and password in the "Open Location" dialogue
> box, but I'm not certain that you can, or what the syntax would be.

If you are using netscape and need a password, you should be
prompted for one...  If you want to include in the URL this is
the format:

	ftp://USERID:PASSWORD@ftp.something.something

Thia also works with http locations that need a password.

HOWEVER:  Your userid and password are on the screen for anyone
to read over your shoulder.

Michael Sauers		  			    Phone: (702) 247-6244
PC/Internet Consultant			        E-Mail: ms0669 at albany.net
CR Associates Internet Consulting			    IRC: CyberRat
Las Vegas, Nevada		  WWW: http://www.albany.net/~ms0669/cra/