Netscape defaults

Michael Sauers ms0669 at mail.albany.net
Fri Nov 3 06:42:13 EST 1995

> Bill J. suggests that there are ways to have Netscape return to the
> default settings if a patron changes them. This is *exactly* what we
> would want! How would we configure Netscape at a public terminal to do
> this after every session? Our alternative would be to get Mosaic's kisok
> mode, although most of us seem to prefer Netscape as a browser.

It's not exactly elegant, but here is what I have done
previously on a Windows 16-bit version...

issue this command at your DOS prompt:

	attrib -w netscape.ini

this will write protect the netscape.ini file.  A user can make
all the changes he/she wants while in a session, but those
changes will not be written to the .ini file when they close the
program and the original settings will keep for the next
session.

Michael Sauers		  			    Phone: (702) 247-6244
PC/Internet Consultant			        E-Mail: ms0669 at albany.net
CR Associates Internet Consulting			    IRC: CyberRat
Las Vegas, Nevada		  WWW: http://www.albany.net/~ms0669/cra/