DejaNews

Genevieve Engel gen at stubbs.ucop.edu
Fri Nov 3 13:28:20 EST 1995

>Cataloging page for access.  We also know of another great resource, which
>we've haven't yet listed on our homepage but plan to with the next update
>next week.  Its a terrific service called DejaNews, which allows you to
>search listservs by topic.  We'll provide the URL next week (have to go and
>find it in our files first!).  Thanks.

The URL is www.dejanews.com and it is also one of the selections on the
Netscape Net Search page.  DejaNews does not search listservs as such (and
it definitely does not function as a listserv directory).  It searches
Usenet newsgroups.  Those listservs which are gatewayed to Usenet
(bit.listserv...) may be indexed in DejaNews; other lists are not.  I don't
find DejaNews very useful, actually; it tends to retrieve a huge amount of
noise for each little bit of information.

Genny Engel
gen at dla.ucop.edu